Give your heart holistic herbal goodness with Alfabel's Heart Health Blend to help sustain blood vessel integrity to healthy levels of cholesterol and blood pressure. Our premium blend includes hawthorn Berry and Ginko Biloba to give your circulatory system the boost it needs to stay strong and healthy.*
- Hawthorn berry and leaf - A thorny shrub in the rose family which grows throughout the world. Traditionally, hawthorn berry tea was used to treat heart failure, chest pain, irregular heartbeat, high blood pressure and hardening of the arteries. Some Research suggests that hawthorn can lower cholesterol, low density lipoprotein (LDL, or “bad cholesterol”), and triglycerides (fats in the blood). Hawthorn berries – along with the leaves and flowers – are a good source of heart-protective antioxidants like oligomeric procyandins and quercetin.*
- Ginko Biloba- Has a long history of use in treating blood disorders and memory issues. It is best known today as way to potentially keep your memory sharp. Laboratory studies have shown that ginkgo improves blood circulation by opening up blood vessels and making blood less sticky. It is also an antioxidant.*
- Red Clover- Health care practitioners believe that red clover "purified" the blood by acting as a diuretic (helping the body get rid of excess fluid) and expectorant (helping clear lungs of mucous), improving circulation, and helping cleanse the liver. Red clover is a source of many nutrients including calcium, chromium, magnesium, niacin, phosphorus, potassium, thiamine, and vitamin C. Researchers theorize that red clover might help protect against heart disease.*
- Horsetail- (also known as shavegrass) is known for its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antimicrobial, antioxidant, diuretic and astringent activity.*
- Fenugreek - Early research shows that taking fenugreek seed reduces total and low-density lipoprotein (LDL or "bad") cholesterol. It also contains many important antioxidants and has the added benefit of protecting other dietary and internally produced antioxidants from free-radical damage. This has important cardioprotective benefits, as well as helping to fortify the body against a range of other chronic conditions.*
- Rosemary- Supports the circulatory and nervous systems*
- Olive leaf
Add 1 tsp to a tea bag or infuser of your choice and steep in hot water for 5 mins. Steep longer for stronger flavor.
For Iced teas use 3 tsp per cup and double steep time.
Each loose leaf tea blend comes in a resealable stand up pouch.